Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. 5th Edition of IHAI National Ice Hockey Championship-2020 begins which city?
Answer – Leh
- The 5th Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship -2020 has begun in Leh.
- The tournament is being organized at the Karzoo Ice Hockey Rink located in the largest city of the union territory of Ladakh.
2. ‘Lai Haraoba’ is a famous festival of which state?
- In Tripura, Lai Haraoba, a ritualistic festival observed by Manipuri meitei communities since ancient times, began in Agartala.
- Lai Haraoba is celebrated through oral literature, music, dance, and rituals.
3. Name the initiative which is recently launched by the Maharashtra government to create awareness about cybercrime among women.
Answer- Cyber Safe Women
- Maharashtra Government has launched a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative under which awareness camps will be held across all the districts of the state regarding cyber safety.
- The initiative will help in educating women about how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit various types of crimes.
4. To mark the 200th birth anniversary of ______, WHO designated the year 2020 as the “Year of Nurse and Midwife”.
Answer- Florence Nightingale
- In the honour of the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, WHO designated the year 2020 as the “Year of Nurse and Midwife”.
- Every year, the day is celebrated on May 12. The day is celebrated by the International Council of Nurses.
5. DP Tripathi has been passed away. He was a ______ .
- Senior NCP leader DP Tripathi passed away after a prolonged period of illness. The NCP General Secretary passed away at the age of 67
6. Ratna Ojha has recently died at 88. He was a noted _______ theatre artist.
- Renowned Assamese dramatist, writer, and social activist Ratna Ojha passed away in Guwahati, Assam at 88.
7. 4th January observed as _________ .
Answer- World Braille Day
- World Braille Day is annually celebrated on January 4, the birthday of Braille inventor, Louis Braille.
- World Braille Day celebrated since 2019, is observed to raise awareness of the importance of Braille as a means of communication in the full realization of the human rights for blind and partially sighted people.
8. Malavath Poorna has recently scaled the highest mountain peak of Antarctica, Mt. Vinson Massif. She belongs to which state?
- 18, Malavath Poorna, who has won laurels for scaling Mount Everest thereby becoming the youngest girl in the world to achieve the feat, has added another feather to her cap by conquering Mt. Vinson Massif, the Antarctica continent’s highest mountain peak (4,987m).
9. Which State Road Transport Corporation has recently launched women’s special helpline Damini?
Answer- Uttar Pradesh
- UP State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) launched a dedicated women helpline, Damini, a calling, and a WhatsApp service.
- Women officers from UPSRTC will monitor this service from 9 a.m to 6 p.m everyday
10. Abhinav Kumar has recently got the extension as IG of which Paramilitary force?
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the proposal of the Ministry of Home Affairs for extending the deputation tenure of IPS Abhinav Kumar, Inspector General, Border Security Force (BSF), up to June 27, 2021, in relaxation of IPS Tenure Policy.
Check Out – Current Affairs 4-1-2020