Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Which country had recently banned ‘reef-toxic’ sunscreen?
- Palau’s pioneering ban on “reef-toxic” sunscreens takes effect from 01 January 2019.
- From New Year’s day, any reef-toxic sunscreen imported or sold in Palau will be confiscated and the owner will be fined.
2. PM Modi disburses ______ as the third installment of PM-KISAN scheme.
Answer- 12,000 crore rupees
- In Karnataka, Prime Minister Narendra Modi electronically released 12,000 crore rupees under Pradhan Mantri Samaan Yojana to six crore farmers in Tumakuru.
3. Recently, Which Indian state has decided to celebrate Arun Jaitley’s birth anniversary as state function?
- Bihar government has decided to celebrate former Union finance minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley’s birth anniversary on December 28 as a state function every year.
4. What will be the maximum retirement age of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)?
- The Chief of Defence Staff will act as the principal military adviser to the defense minister on all matters relating to tri-services.
- The upper age limit for the CDS has been fixed at 65 years.
- However, the tenure of CDS has not been fixed.
5. What is the integrated helpline number launched by Indian Railways for passengers?
- The Indian Railways has integrated its helpline numbers into a single number 139 for quick grievance redressal and inquiries by passengers during their train journeys.
- The new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers.
6. Jair Bolsonaro will be chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in 2020. He is the President of which country?
- A total of twenty-two tableau proposals including 16 from states and six from Central Ministries have been short-listed for participation in this year’s Republic Day parade.
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro to be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in 2020.
7. Recently, Who has been conferred with Sangita Kalanidhi Award by the Madras Music Academy?
- Recently, S Sowmya has been conferred with Sangita Kalanidhi Award by the Madras Music Academy.
- It is considered the highest award in the field of Carnatic music.
8. Which state zoo has become the first to breed endangered Greater Adjutant or Hargila?
- The Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden and Aaranyak have jointly attained a landmark achievement by successfully hatching a pair of Greater Adjutant or Hargila chicks in an artificial platform within the zoo enclosure, in the first-ever experiment of its kind.
9. Who has been appointed as the new chancellor of Queen’s University Belfast in Ireland?
Answer- Hillary Clinton
- Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been appointed the new chancellor of Queen’s University in Belfast, Ireland.
- Clinton became the university’s first female chancellor
10. What will be the focus subject of the 28th World Book Fair in New Delhi?
Answer- Gandhi as writer
- The annual New Delhi World Book Fair, in its 28th edition, will focus on how Mahatma Gandhi influenced generations of writers through his writings.
11. Disha Act 2019 is associated with which the Indian state?
Answer- Andhra Pradesh
- The state government-appointed Indian Administrative Service (IAS) official Dr. Kritika Shukla and Indian Police Service (IPS) official M Deepika, as Special Officers for implementing the Andhra Pradesh Disha Act 2019.
Check Out – Current Affairs 3-1-2020