Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Recently, Vikho-o Yhoshü passed away. He was the assembly speaker of ______ Assembly.
- Nagaland Legislative Assembly Speaker Vikho-o Yhoshü passed away.
- Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party leader Vikho-o Yhoshü, an alumnus of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, was elected as the Speaker of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly in March last year
2. Which Indian state government is planning to introduce door-delivery of sand?
Answer- Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh government is planning to introduce door-delivery of sand from January 2, 2020.
- It will launch a pilot project in Krishna district and then extend it.
3. Which city has emerged as the cleanest city in Swachh Survekshan League?
Answer – Indore
- Indore ranked first in the Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 results of Swachh Survekshan League 2020 (SS League 2020) among the cities where the population is more than 10 lakh.
4. Which statements is true with reference to Chandrayaan3’s configuration?
Answer- It will have a lander and a rover
- Indian Space Research Organisation Chief K Sivan said that Government has approved Chandrayaan-3 and the project is ongoing.
- The Chandrayaan-3 will also have a lander and a rover with a propulsion module.
5. The birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji is being celebrated in the country. He was the _______ Sikh Guru.
- The birth anniversary of the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji is being celebrated in the country.
- Born in 1666, Guru Gobind Singh is considered to be one of the most celebrated of all Sikh gurus.
6. Recently, the Finance Minister has unveiled ______ 5-year plan for mega infrastructure push in India.
Answer- 102 lakh crore rupees
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled infrastructure projects worth 102 lakh crore rupees that will be implemented in the next five years as a part of the government’s spending push to the infrastructure sector.
7. Which institute will host the 107th Indian Science Congress?
Answer- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru
- The University of Agricultural Sciences in Bengaluru is all set to host the 107th Indian Science Congress.
- The Pride of India exhibition is one of the attractions during the Science show
8. The Reserve Bank of India, RBI has launched a mobile app named as ______ to help visually challenged people to identify the denomination of currency notes.
- The Reserve Bank of India, RBI has launched a mobile app, MANI, Mobile Aided Note Identifier, to help visually challenged people to identify the denomination of currency notes.
9. Recently, Umaro Sissoco Embalo won the presidential election of which of the following country?
- In the West African state of Guinea-Bissau, Opposition leader Umaro Sissoco Embalo has won presidential elections, picking up 53.55 percent of votes.
- Guinea-Bissau is a tropical country on West Africa’s Atlantic coast
10. Who has been named as the captain of ESPNCricinfo’s ODI and T20 teams of the past decade?
Answer- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Former India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni was picked as captain of ESPN Cricinfo’s ODI and Twenty20 teams of the decade, while Virat Kohli was named the leader in Tests.
11. Which country had recently banned ‘reef-toxic’ sunscreen?
- Palau’s pioneering ban on “reef-toxic” sunscreens takes effect from 01 January 2019.
- From New Year’s day, any reef-toxic sunscreen imported or sold in Palau will be confiscated and the owner will be fined.
Check Out – Current Affairs 2-1-2020