Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Recently, Ganga Prasad Vimal died in a road accident. He was a/an ________.
- Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal was killed in a road accident in Sri Lanka.
- Born in 1939 in Uttarkashi, Vimal wrote more than a dozen poetry collections, short story collections, and novels
2. Recently, Indian Railways have started a glass-enclosed vistadome “Him Darshan Express” train on which train route?
Answer- Kalka-Shimla Railway
- Indian Railways unveiled Him Darshan Express comprising all-new Vistadome coaches from Kalka railway station to Shimla.
- This special train will commute between the Kalka and Shimla station for the next one year till December 24, 2020.
3. Recently, which Indian state is facing a massive Locust Invasion?
- The migratory insect – locust has swarmed the northern parts of Gujarat, causing significant damage to agriculture.
- The locusts, known as tiddis locally, destroyed standing crops of castor, cumin, jatropha, cotton, and potato, and fodder grass.
4. Recently, A strong typhoon, ‘Phanfone’ made landfall and killed at least 20 people in which country?
- In the Philippines, a strong typhoon, ‘Phanfone’ has killed at least 20 people leaving a trail of devastation through the centre of the country.
- The storm-battered several islands with gusts of 190km/h, destroying homes and power lines and spoiled Christmas celebrations in the predominantly Catholic country.
5. Nari Shakti Puraskar will be given on the occasion of _______.
Answer- International Women’s Day
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has invited applications for Nari Shakti Puraskar for the year 2019.
- Nearly 40 Nari Shakti Puraskar will be given on International Women’s Day observed on 8th March 2020.
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 28-12-2019
6. Nation pays homage to Shaheed Udham Singh on his 120th birth anniversary. Shaheed Udham Singh is associated with _______.
Answer- Murder of General O’Dwyer
- Nation pays homage to the great revolutionary, Shaheed Udham Singh on his 120th birth anniversary on 26 December 2019.
- Udham Singh was present in the Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar on the fateful Baisakhi Day of 13 April 1919.
- He avenged the massacre by killing General O’Dwyer in March 1940 and was hanged by the British in London.
7. Which bank has partnered with Pine Labs to enable EMIs on debit cards?
Answer- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has tied up with Pine Labs to enable debit card facility for their debit cardholders across point-of-sale terminals by Pine Labs.
- Banks customers can avail EMI facility with a minimum purchase of Rs 8,000 and repay over 3 months to 12 months
8. The Union Territory Ladakh is celebrating_______, to mark the Ladakhi New Year.
Answer- Losar Festival
- Union Territory Ladakh is celebrating Losar Festival, to mark the Ladakhi New Year.
- People of various parts of the Ladakh region, celebrate Losar on the 1st Day of the Eleventh Month of Tibetan Calendar correlating to a date in the Gregorian calendar.
9. Which Indian state government has decided to observe 2020 as the Year of Artificial Intelligence?
Answer – Telangana
- The Telangana government has decided to observe 2020 as the Year of AI.
- Telangana IT Minister KT Rama Rao will formally make the announcement on January 2 here, declaring 2020, the Year of AI, and release a calendar of events for the next 12 months.
10. Who is the author of the book “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games”?
Answer- Boria Majumdar / Nalin Mehta
- A new book will chronicle India’s journey in the global sports arena of Olympics – the wins, the misses, the star sportspersons, their stories, and the challenges and possibilities that lie ahead of India to make its mark at the mega sporting event.
- “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” written by Boria Majumdar with Nalin Mehta will be brought out by HarperCollins India in January 2020.
11. Which country is the only country in the world that has hypersonic weapons?
- Russia is the only country in the world that has hypersonic weapons- weapons that travel faster than Mach 5 (~6174kmph) and have the capability to manoeuvre during the entire flight.
Check Out – Current Affairs 27-12-19