Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. PM inaugurates Global Renewable Energy Investors Meet & Expo
Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investors Meet and Expo (RE-INVEST 2020).
- During the three-day virtual conference, all the leading companies will display their latest technological development in the field of renewable energy and discuss various options available for the energy transition.
- Several world leaders, Energy Ministers of 75 countries, and 200 eminent speakers will take part in the event.
- The summit is organized by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
2. UNDP, Invest India launch SDGs Investor Map for India
United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, and Invest India have launched the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Investor Map for India
- It laid out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help the country push forward on the trajectory of Sustainable Development.
- The Map comes at a critical time for India. With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the financing gap for the SDGs in India has only widened further and decades of development progress is nearly on the verge of a reversal.
3. PM Narendra Modi chairs 33rd PRAGATI interaction
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the PRAGATI meeting.
- It marked Prime Minister’s thirty-third interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
- During the meeting, multiple projects, grievances and programmes were reviewed.
- Grievances related to COVID-19 and to the PM Awas Yojana (Gramin) were taken up.
- PM SVANidhi, agriculture reforms and development of districts as export hubs were reviewed.
- The Prime Minister also asked the States to develop a State Export Strategy.
- In the previous 32 such meetings, a total of 275 projects worth 12.5 lakh crore rupees have been reviewed, along with 47 programmes and schemes and grievances across 17 sectors have been taken up.
4. India has emerged as the fourth-largest producer of renewable energy in the world: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said India’s renewable power capacity is the 4th largest in the world and it is growing at the fastest speed among all major countries.
- The renewable energy capacity in India is currently 136 Giga Watts, which is about 36 percent of the country’s total capacity.
- The country is expanding generation capacity and network to ensure every citizen has access to electricity to unlock their full potential.
- In the last 6 years, India has increased installed renewable energy capacity by two and half times.
5. India, Finland sign MoU in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation
India and Finland signed an MoU for developing cooperation between two countries in the field of Environment protection and biodiversity conservation.
- The MoU is a platform to further advance Indian and Finnish partnership and support, exchange best practices in areas like prevention of air and water pollution, waste ने management, and promotion of circular economy.
- The MoU was signed virtually by Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar from the Indian side and his Finnish counterpart Krista Mikkonen.
6. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang to attend the 19th SCO Heads of Govt meet hosted by India on 30th Nov
China announced that Premier Li Keqiang will attend the 19th meeting of the Council of Heads of Govt of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member states to be held under India’s chairmanship on Nov. 30th.
- This is the first time after joining the SCO in 2017 that India has got the opportunity to host this meeting which will be held through video link.
- The upcoming meeting of heads of govt is an important event under the SCO framework this year.
- Created in 2001, the SCO is a political, economic, and security bloc comprising eight members – India, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Pakistan.
7. Nagarjuna Besha of Lord Jagannath and siblings to be observed in Puri after 26 years
Nagarjuna Besha of Lord Jagannath and his siblings, Goddess Shubhadra and Lord Balaram is being held in Puri’s Jagannath Temple after a span of 26 years.
- The last Nagarjuna Besha of Lord Jagannath was held in 1994.
- This year, the celebrations are muted due to the pandemic.
- According to Hindu mythology, Nagarjuna Besha is observed in commemoration of the killing of Kartyavera Arjuna, one of the main king slain by Parsuram.
- On this occasion, the deities are dressed like warriors.
8. HDFC Bank, ICCI join hands to support SMEs, start-ups
ICCI (Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries), in its endeavour to support SMEs (small and medium enterprises) and start-ups, has signed an MoU with HDFC Bank.
- ICCI will engage, enroll, and support various start-ups /SMEs /MSMEs to facilitate inter-alia financial and other facilities to/from HDFC Bank.
- HDFC Bank may offer bank accounts to start-ups that are supported and recommended by ICCI.
- ICCI will evaluate and recommend potential start-ups /SMEs /MSMEs for investments.
9. Lt Gen Harpal Singh appointed new Engineer-in-Chief of Indian Army
Lt Gen Harpal Singh has been appointed as the new Engineer-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- He is presently the Director-General of Border Roads Organisation and would take over his new appointment on December 1.
- Lt Gen Harpal Singh, an alumnus of National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers on 24 December 1982.
- He has also been the Chief Engineer of Project Dantak (BRO) at Bhutan, Chief Engineer (Navy), Mumbai and Chief Engineer HQ Eastern Command.
- Major Gen Rajeev Chaudhary has been appointed as the new Director-General of the Border Roads Organisation.
10. Sports Ministry recognizes Archery Association of India as National Sports Federation
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has granted the annual recognition to the Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
- AAI’s recognition was withdrawn by the ministry on December 7, 2012 on account of its failure to conduct elections in accordance with the sports code despite the directions of the High Court.
- This comes after AAI’s independent elections and revocation of suspension by the World Archery and Indian Olympic Association.
- The recognition will be valid for one year.
- AAI president Arjun Munda welcomed the decision and said that it will start a new chapter in Indian archery.