Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. In December 2019, Federal Cabinet of Pakistan has decided to import polio markers from which country?
- The Federal Cabinet of Pakistan has decided to import polio markers from India in a bid to reduce the price of medicines.
- There are only two WHO prequalified manufacturers in the world, India, and China, which manufacture non-toxic markers to prevent children from swallowing the ink
2. Recently, Which country has signed the National Defense Authorization Act, 2020 to establish Space Force as the sixth branch of its armed forces.
- Recently, the US President signed the National Defense Authorization Act, 2020 directing the establishment of the U.S. Space Force (USSF) as the sixth branch of the armed forces.
- The USSF will be the sixth formal force of the U.S. military, after the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard and will be headquartered at the Pentagon.
3. Kamareddy district has won the UNICEF-2019 Award for Swachh Bharat implementation. Kamareddy district is in _______.
- Kamareddy district of Telangana has secured the United Nations International Children’s and Education Fund (Unicef)-2019 Award.
- The district has won the award for the effective implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission in water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
4. Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Atal Bhujal Yojana’. 50% of the total outlay of this scheme will be in the form of loan from ________.
Answer- World Bank
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Atal Bhujal Yojana’ on the occasion of 95th birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Out of the total outlay of Rs. 6000 crore for the scheme, 50% shall be in the form of a World Bank loan.
5. Which state has topped in the Good Governance Index under Big States category?
Answer- Tamil Nadu
- Minister of State for Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh launched Good Governance Index in New Delhi on the occasion of Good Governance Day i.e 25 December.
- In the Big States, Tamil Nadu topped the Good Governance Index launched by the Centre
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 27-12-2019
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has named Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh as ________.
Answer- Atal Tunnel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi named Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh as Atal Tunnel to mark the 95th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
7. Recently, Which station has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)?
Answer- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT)
- Iconic Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) railway station in Mumbai has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for food safety and hygiene.
- ‘Eat Right Station’ initiative is a part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement launched by FSSAI and an FMCG major which is aimed at promoting food safety and hygiene at the static catering units at railway stations.
8. Dharmendra Pradhan unveils India’s first long-distance CNG bus. The first long-range interstate CNG bus will ply from Delhi to________.
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan unveiled India’s first long-distance CNG bus fitted with CNG cylinders at a function in New Delhi.
- It can travel around one thousand kilometre in a single fill.
- The first long-range interstate CNG bus will ply from Delhi to Dehradun
9. Who Indian cricketer is among five Wisden cricketers of the decade?
Answer – Virat Kohli
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli is one of the five players named in the Wisden Cricketers of the Decade.
Check Out – Current Affairs 26-12-19