Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed every year on _______.
Answer- 25 November
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed every year on 25 November.
- It defines violence against women as an act of gender-based violence that results in physical, sexual or psychological harm or suffering to women, including threats, etc.
2. Rajasthan government has confirmed botulism as the reason behind the deaths of thousands of foreign migratory birds at the Sambhar Lake. This lake is located in which district of Rajasthan?
Important points –
- The Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan confirmed botulism as the reason behind the deaths of thousands of foreign migratory birds at the Sambhar Lake in Jaipur.
- Several species of migratory birds, during winters every year, making the world-famous lake, their natural habitat.
- However, this year, it became a graveyard for several of them who had arrived from thousands of miles away.
3. Who has been elected as Mayor of the country’s richest Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation?
Answer- Kishori Pednekar
Important Points –
- Shiv Sena leader Kishori Pednekar was elected as Mayor of the country’s richest Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation.
- Neither of BJP, Congress, and NCP nominated candidates for BMC Mayor’s post as they did not have the numbers.
4. Manoj Bajpayee bags the Best Actor Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards for ________.
Answer – Bhonsle
- Manoj Bajpayee has recently bagged the Best Performance by an Actor Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards for his role in ‘Bhonsle.’
- The acclaimed actor won against international actors like Wang Jingchun (China), Navid Mohammadzadeh and Mohsen Tanabandeh (Iran), and Eran Naim (Israel).
5. In November 2019, Which organization has been awarded with President’s Colour?
Answer- Indian Navy Academy
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the President’s Colour, the highest honour that is bestowed upon a military unit, to the Indian Naval Academy
Check out Current Affairs 24-11-19
6. Recently, Which state government has decided to develop its 34 cities on global standards?
Answer – Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh government is planning to develop 34 cities in the state on the lines of the seven best-planned cities in the world.
- The government will draw a Geographic Information System (GIS)-based master plan for these 34 cities on the lines of the cities like London, New York, and Johannesburg.
7. Which company has become the first private enterprise in India to secure the ‘Green Channel Status’ from the Directorate General Quality Assurance (DGQA)?
Answer- L&T Valves
Important Points –
- Microsoft has launched its ‘K-12 Education Transformation Framework’ to facilitate the comprehensive digital transformation of schools in India.
- The framework comprises four pillars — leadership and policy, modern teaching and learning, intelligent environments and technology blueprint.
8. Which city hosted the ‘5th India-Europe 29 Business Forum’?
Answer- New Delhi
- The “5th India-Europe 29 Business Forum: Speeding regional Economic Connectivity” was held in New Delhi.
- The forum was organized by the Ministry of External Affairs(MoEA) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) between India and 29 countries in Central, Eastern, and Northern Europe.
9. Who has been awarded an international children’s peace prize by the Dutch KidsRight organization?
Answer – Greta Thunberg and Divina Maloum
- Divina Maloum, who campaigns for the rights and education of Cameroon children preyed upon by extremist groups, was awarded the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize, along with climate change activist Greta Thunberg.
10. In November 2019, The government has approved setting up of _______ plastic parks in different parts of the country?
Answer- 6 Plastic Parks
- These parks are located in Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, and Tamil Nadu
Test Yourself Current Affair Quiz 25 -11-19
“Do share it with your friends to help them to achieve their dream job in the government sector.”