Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Vijay Diwas is observed every year in _______ to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in 1971 war.
Answer- 16 December
- The nation celebrates Vijay Diwas on 16 December to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war.
- It was on this day in 1971, the chief of the Pakistani forces, General AA Khan Niazi, along with 93 thousand troops, had surrendered unconditionally to the allied forces consisting of the Indian Army and Mukti Bahini.
2. Firefighters urged residents to evacuate areas near Gospers Mountain due to bushfire. Gospers Mountains are located in ________.
- Firefighters urged residents to evacuate areas near Gospers Mountain in Australia as a bushfire that has razed almost 400,000 hectares approached residential areas.
- Firefighters worked overnight to contain the blaze around Mt Wilson, Mt Tomah and Berambing in the Blue Mountains.
3. In December, A three-day state-level orange festival begins in Tamenglong district. Tamenglong district is situated in _______.
- In Manipur, a three-day State-level Orange Festival began.
- Tamenglong district is the largest producer of orange fruit in Manipur
4. Who will become the next Chief of Army Staff?
Answer- Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane will be the next Chief of Army Staff.
- He is currently serving as Vice Chief of the Army.
- Lt Gen Naravane will succeed Gen Bipin Rawat, who will retire on the 31st of this month.
4. Who has taken charge as the new Secretary, Information and Broadcasting Ministry?
A. Ravi Mittal
- IAS officer Ravi Mittal took charge as the new Secretary, Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- Mr Mittal took charge from Amit Khare who has been appointed as Secretary, Department of Higher Education.
5. Who has won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award 2019?
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes was named as the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year.
- He became the first cricketer since Andrew Flintoff in 2005 to bag the coveted trophy.
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 18-12-2019
6. Recently, Which paramilitary force has started a dedicated matrimonial site for its staff?
Answer- Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has started a dedicated matrimonial site for its staff.
- This is the first-ever dedicated and well-managed matrimony portal among the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
7. Which country has launched world’s 1st liquid hydrogen transport ship, ‘Suiso frontier’?
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd, a Japanese public multinational corporation has launched ‘Suiso Frontier’, the world’s 1st ocean-going liquid hydrogen carrier ship designed to carry liquid hydrogen at -253° C produced in the south coast of Australia to unload in Kobe, Japan.
8. Which state police has become the first state police to introduce a unique barcoding software “Trakea” to enable security of the samples collected in Forensic reports?
Answer- Haryana Police
- Haryana police have introduced a unique barcoding software “Trakea” to enable security of the samples collected in Forensic reports.
- Haryana became the first state in the country to introduce this unique barcoding system.
9. Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the first meeting of the National Ganga Council at _______.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the first meeting of the National Ganga Council at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The National Ganga Council, also known as the National Council for Rejuvenation, Protection, and Management of River Ganga was set up in 2016.
10. Recently, UNESCO has removed the ‘Carnival of Aalst’ from its Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity List. This Carnival takes place in _______.
- UNESCO has removed the ‘Carnival of Aalst’ of Belgium from its Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity List.
- The 2019 carnival featured a parade float that included racist and anti-Semitic representations which mocked the Orthodox Jews.
CHECK OUT – CURRENT AFFAIRS 16-12-19