Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Which of the following Indian state will host the World Kabaddi cup 2019?
- The Punjab government will host the 2019 Kabaddi World Cup from December 1 to 9.
- This year’s tournament would be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
2. Which of the following state police have won the third prize in the emergency response category at the ‘Dubai Police International Call Centre Award’?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh Police was awarded the third prize in the emergency response category.
3. NASA has renamed which of the following cosmic body to ‘Arrokoth’?
Answer: Ultima Thule
- Ultima Thule, the farthest cosmic body ever visited by a spacecraft, has been renamed as Arrokoth.
- The icy rock, which orbits in the dark and frigid Kuiper Belt about a billion miles beyond Pluto, was surveyed by the NASA spaceship New Horizons in January.
4. UNESCO’s World Heritage Week will be observed from _____ to ______.
Answer: 19- 25 November
Important Points –
The Objective of celebrating World Heritage Week is to increase awareness among people about the safety and preservation of cultural heritage and monuments.
5. Which of the following state has organized First International Buyer-Seller Conference of Agriculture?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
- The first buyer-seller meet on horticulture and agriculture produce for the state was held in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It was organized by APEDA-Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
6. According to a recent announcement ISRO aims for its next lunar mission, Chandrayaan 3 in ________?
Answer: November 2020
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is now planning for its next lunar mission, Chandrayaan 3.
- According to reports, the agency has started working on Chandrayaan 3 with a deadline of November 2020.
- Since the Chandrayaan 2 orbiter is functioning well, the new mission is likely to include only a lander and a rover.
7. Who among the following has been honoured with the Haryana Gaurav Award?
Answer: Amit Panghal
- India boxer Amit Panghal has conferred the Haryana Gaurav award for winning the silver medal in the World Boxing Championship.
- The award was conferred by the Haryana in UK Association.
8. Which of the following State/UT has recently announced Mukhyamantri Septic Tank Safai Yojana for unauthorized colonies?
Answer: New Delhi
- Delhi government will launch a new scheme under which residents of unauthorized
colonies that would be able to call the Delhi Jal Board and get their septic tanks cleaned
- The announcement comes at a time when the central government is gearing up to confer
ownership and transfer rights over properties in 1,728 unauthorized colonies
9. Which of the following Indian sportsperson has been named to its TIME 100 Next list of the most influential people?
Answer: Dutee Chand
- Indian sprinter Dutee Chand has been named in the TIME 100 Next, an expansion of the TIME 100 list of the most influential persons in the world.
- The list, an initiative of TIME magazine, highlights 100 rising stars who are shaping the future of business, entertainment, sports, politics, health, science, activism, etc.
Also, check out weekly current affairs 11-17 November
“Do share it with your friends to help them to achieve their dream job in the government sector.”