Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Who has been appointed as South Africa’s first acting director of cricket?
Answer- Graeme Smith
- Former South African captain Graeme Smith has been appointed as the nation’s first acting director of cricket. He has been appointed to the post by Cricket South Africa.
- Graeme Smith will be holding the position temporarily for a period of three months, as he has already committed to serving as a commentator for the 2020 IPL season.
2. The Union Cabinet recently authorized which organization to set up Infrastructure Investment Trust?
- The Union Cabinet recently authorizes the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to set up the Infrastructure Investment Trust based on the guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
3. Which state government Suez, a leading French multinational corporation to rehabilitate drinking water?
- Suez, a leading French multinational corporation headquartered in Paris with operations primarily in water, electricity and natural gas supply and waste management, contract for the extension, rehabilitation and operation of the drinking water distribution system of the entire city of Mangaluru.
4. Which country has replaced Kuwait to become India’s 6th oil supplier?
- The United States has surpassed Kuwait to become India’s sixth-largest oil supplier as it supplied 70 percent more, crude to the world’s third-largest energy consumer during April-September.
- Iraq continues to be India’s top crude oil supplier, meeting close to one-fourth of the country’s oil needs.
5. Chen Yu Fei defeated PV Sindhu to win the BWF World Tour 2019 title. Chen Yu Fei belongs to which country?
- Defending champion PV Sindhu was knocked out of the year-ending BWF World Tour Finals after losing to China’s Chen Yufei, her second defeat in two days, in Guangzhou, China.
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 16-12-2019
6. Wasim Jaffer becomes the first Indian to play 150 Ranji matches. He belongs to which state?
- Veteran opener Wasim Jaffer became the first player in Indian cricket to feature in 150 Ranji matches.
- The 41-year-old from Maharashtra, who has been an important part of the title-winning Vidarbha team. Jaffer is followed by Madhya Pradesh batsman Devendra Bundela (145 matches).
7. Paul Volcker has passed away at 92. He was a ________.
- Paul Volcker, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve known for his battles against inflation in the late 1970s and early 1980s, has died. He was 92. He helped shape American economic policy for more than six decades.
8. Which film was named the best film of the year by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association?
- Korean helmer Bong Joon-ho’s class satire “Parasite” has been named the best film of the year by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association (LAFCA).
- Antonio Banderas won the best actor trophy for ‘Pain and Glory’ (Spanish) which was also named the best foreign-language film. Mary Kay Place was named best actress for her role in ‘Diane’
9. Marie Fredriksson passed away at 61. She was a ______.
- Marie Fredriksson, half of the Swedish pop-rock duo Roxette, died at 61.
- According to a report, the ‘Roxette’ singer battled cancer for 17 long years.
CHECK OUT – CURRENT AFFAIRS 15-12-19