Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Who has won the Sports Person of the Year awards at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2019?
Answer.Rani Rampal /Saurabh Chaudhary
- Indian women’s hockey team captain Rani Rampal and ace pistol shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won the Sports Person of the Year awards at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2019.
2. Nagaland govt extended the Inner Line Permit (ILP) regime to __________.
- The Nagaland state government extended an Inner Line Permit (ILP) in Dimapur district of the state with immediate effect.
- The ILP system now operates in all 11 districts of Nagaland. MHA has extended the Inner Line Permit (ILP) to Manipur, making it the 4th state in the northeast after Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, and Nagaland.
3. Which state/ UT government has introduced a start-up policy?
- The Government of Puducherry launched a Start-up policy to create a corpus fund of Rs. 10 crores to support start-up incubators and to develop co-working spaces. Individuals will be provided with a monthly allowance of Rs. 10,000 for a maximum of 5 years in order to reduce the financial burden.
4. Ravi Kumar and Sumit Sangwan failed dope tests. Sumit Sangwan related to which Sports?
- World Cup medal-winning rifle shooter Ravi Kumar, failed the dope test, has been banned for 2 years by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- Indian boxer Sumit Sangwan was also found positive in the dope test.
5. Who has been awarded the Siu-Ka-Pha Award-2019?
Answer –Dr. Padmeswar Gogoi
- Padmeswar Gogoi was bestowed with the first edition of the Siu-Ka-pha award for the year 2019 by the Central Committee of Different Ethnic Groups and the organizations of the Golaghat district at the Siu-Ka-Pha Samannay Kshetra in Golaghat, Assam.
Check now – The Hindu Editorial with vocab 15-12-19
6. Barak Valley is in news, It is located in _______?
Important Points –
- The situation is peaceful in Barak Valley of South Assam. CAB was a longstanding demand in the valley that has become a reality now.
7. Which symbol will have on Indian passport?
- Lotus will be on Indian Passport according to MEA.
- Ministry of External Affairs said it was part of the enhanced security features to identify fake passports and involves using other national symbols as well on rotation.
8. Ministry of Shipping declared Mongla and Chattogram Ports of Call under “Coastal Shipping Agreement” between India and ________.
- The Ministry of Shipping (MoS) announced that Mongla and Chattogram have been declared as Ports of Call under the “Coastal Shipping Agreement” between India & Bangladesh.
- The Port of Mongla is declared as Port of Call under PIWT&T (Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade ) and Chattogram port is not part of PIWT&T.
9. Who has been inducted into WWE Hall of Fame?
- Former professional wrestler-actor Dave Bautista will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
- The ceremony for the ex WWE Superstar will be held at Amalie Arena in Tampa Bay, Florida, as part of WrestleMania week on April 2, 2020.
10. Which of the following country has left out of EU’s 2050 climate neutrality targets?
- The European Union has left Poland out of a 2050 climate neutrality agreement after hours of summit haggling with three Eastern European member states that demanded more funds for economic transition and support for nuclear power.
11. How much percent Indian Government sell in Air India as a part of disinvestment?
- The government has decided to sell its entire 100 percent stake in Air India under the proposed disinvestment process, Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri said.
- The national carrier, which has a debt burden of more than Rs 50,000 crore, has been making a loss for long and as part of revival efforts, the government has decided on disinvestment.
Check out Current Affairs 14-12-19