Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. In December 2019, Which city hosted the 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in the 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference held in Pune.
- The Prime Minister addressed the valedictory session of the Conference.
2. World’s 1st fully electric commercial aircraft took its inaugural test flight in which country?
Answer – Canada
- Signifying the start of the electric aviation age, the world’s first fully electric commercial aircraft took its inaugural test flight, in Vancouver, Canada.
3. Which Indian city will host International Seminar cum Exhibition on Naval weapon SystemsNAVARMS-19?
Answer – New Delhi
- The fourth edition of the International Seminar cum Exhibition on Naval Weapon Systems ‘NAVARMS-19’ is scheduled at Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis, Development Enclave, New Delhi on 12-13 Dec 19.
- The theme of this day is to “Make in India – Fight Category: Opportunities and Imperatives”
4. India ranked at ______ place on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) released at the COP25 climate summit?
- India, for the first time, ranks among the top 10 in this year’s Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) released at the COP25 climate summit in the Spanish capital Madrid.
- The current levels of per capita emissions and energy use in India ranked 9th in the high category showing that emissions are still comparatively low.
5. ISRO launched an earth observation satellite, RISAT-2BR1 from Sriharikota. It is an _______ satellite.
Answer – Earth Observation Satellite
- The ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) launched its earth observation satellite, RISAT-2BR1 on PSLV-C48 from the First Launch Pad (FLP) of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
Check now – The Hindu Editorial with vocab 12-12-19
6. Which bank has appointed V Viswanathan as its additional director?
Answer – Dhanlaxmi Bank
- V Viswanathan has been appointed as an Additional Director on the Board of Dhanlaxmi Bank with effect from December 09, 2019.
7. Abiy Ahmed has received the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize. He is the Prime Minister of which country?
Answer – Ethiopia
- Ethiopia’s Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has received the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to achieve international peace and cooperation.
- This year’s Nobel Peace Prize was the 100th to be awarded
8. Which country has topped the medal tally of 13th South Asian Games?
- 13th South Asian Games concluded in Nepal.
- India finished on top with 312 medals comprising 174 gold, 93 silver, and 45 bronze
9. Who has been selected as the brand ambassador of the National AntiDoping Agency NADA?
Answer – Sunil Shetty
- Bollywood actor Suniel Shetty has been appointed as the brand ambassador of the National Anti Doping Agency.
- Shetty accepted his ambassadorship in presence of MoS for Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju.
10. Recently, Alex Duval Smith passed away. He was a famous _______.
Answer – Journalist
- Alex Duval Smith, the Guardian’s former Africa correspondent and most recently a freelance journalist across west Africa passed away
Check out Current Affairs 11-12-19