Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Koneru Humpy is associated with which sports?
- Indian chess grandmaster Koneru Humpy has become the 2019 Women’s World Rapid Champion.
2. Which country will develop Batticaloa airport as an international airport?
Answer- Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan government has said that it will develop Batticaloa airport in eastern province as an international airport with Indian assistance.
3. According to the India State of Forest Report, 2019, Which Indian state grew the maximum forest-and-tree cover in the last 2 years?
- The total tree and forest cover in the country increased by 5,188 square kilometers in the last two years, said the India State of Forest Report 2019.
- While Karnataka grew the maximum forest-and-tree cover at 1,025 sq km, Andhra Pradesh grew a 990-sq km cover and an 823-sq km of forest cover was created by Kerala in the last two years.
4. Which Indian state has achieved the first rank in the composite SDG Index
- India has improved its composite score from 57 in 2018 to 60 in the Sustainable Development Goals Index 2019-20.
- Kerala achieved the first rank in the composite SDG Index with a score of 70, followed by Himachal Pradesh at 69.
5. Which Indian state will host Khelo India Youth Games in January 2020?
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the torch relay of the Third Khelo India Youth Games.
- The games will be held in Guwahati from 10th to 22nd of next month.
6. HDFC Lifes has partnered with _______ to offer insurance through m-com platform.
- Life insurance company, HDFC Life, has announced its tie-up with Paytm.
- This partnership will enable Paytm customers to purchase life insurance products offered by HDFC Life, via the mobile commerce platform.
7. Recently, Finance Minister Sitharaman has launched an auction platform named as ______ for assets attached by banks.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched eBkray, an e-auction platform to enable online auction of attached assets by banks.
- The eBkray platform provides navigational links to all PSB e-auction sites, property search features and presents single-window access to information on properties up for e-auction, comparison of similar properties, and also contains videos and photographs of the uploaded properties.
8. Who has been named as India’s first Chief of Defence Staff?
Answer- Bipin Rawat
- General Bipin Rawat has been named the country’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
- General Rawat is the first officer to hold the post of the Chief of Defence Staff, which was set up recently.
9. Who has become the youngest bowler to take 100 T20 wickets?
Answer- Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Afghanistan spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman has become the youngest bowler in history to take 100 wickets in T20 cricket.
- Mujeeb achieved the feat at the age of 18 years and 271 days.
10. Fausta was the name of the world’s oldest ______ that has recently died in Tanzania.
- A female black rhino, Fausta, who was believed to be the world’s oldest rhino has died at the age of 57 in a Tanzanian conservation area.